- Protecting the motor industry and used car buyers for over 75 years
- Information is trusted by the public, dealers, vehicle manufacturers, finance and insurance companies, and government bodies
- Accurate data is critical to support you in buying, selling or evaluating a vehicle
- HPI Check consolidate data from the DVLA, Police, finance houses, insurers and industry bodies
- HPI Check operate the National Mileage Register, with over 150m mileage records
90 point Habitation Service
Full Chassis inspection
Our pre-sale chassis inspection includes a thorough check of:
- Fluid levels
- Steering and Suspension
- Tyres and exhaust
- Brakes checked and adjusted if required
Twelve months MOT
Gas safety inspection – Gas Safety in Motorhomes
Motorhomes are all built to high quality standards, and are fitted out with domestic quality gas appliances. All gas appliances must be installed in accordance with current gas safety requirements to comply with the law and to ensure minimal risk to you and your family. Annual gas safety inspections are increasingly becoming a requirement for insurance of your motorhome but are not mandatory by law, however at Travelworld we feel strongly that this should be standard as part of our presale preparations.
We will issue a certificate providing the gas pipe work and appliances are considered to be in safe working order. It’s always important to ensure your gas equipment and appliances are regularly serviced for peace of mind.
What makes up the checks
- A check for gas leaks and condition of pipework and hoses
- Ventilation check (air inlets are clear and adequate)
- Flue check (smoke spillage test)
- Checking safety devices are work correctly
- Appliances are safe to use
Carbon Monoxide Checks
Accidents can occur as a result of carbon monoxide poisoning or asphyxiation by a combination of circumstances, usually involving two or more of the following factors:
- Inadequate ventilation (permanent air inlets)
- Unsatisfactory flueing
- Poor appliance performance
- User interference
- Lack of servicing and routine maintenance
- Bad use and failure to follow user instructions
Electric safety inspection
PIR – Electrical Safety Check
As recommended by the National Caravan Council Approved Workshop Scheme, the Electrical Safety Council and as part of our on-going commitment to ensure your safety Travelworld offer our customers a Periodic Inspection Report (PIR) on all sold vehicles.
What is a periodic inspection?
A Periodic Inspection is an inspection on the condition of an existing electrical installation, to identify (in order of priority) any deficiencies against the national safety standard for electrical installations. A periodic inspection will:
- Reveal if any of your electrical circuits or equipment is overloaded
- Find any potential electric shock risks and fire hazards in your electrical installation
- Identify any defective DIY electrical work
- Highlight any lack of earthing or bonding
Tests are also carried out on wiring and associated fixed electrical equipment to check that it is safe.
Why is a periodic inspection needed?
Every electrical installation deteriorates with use and age. It is important that the person responsible for the maintenance of the installation be sure that the safety of users is not put at risk, and that the installation continues to be in a safe and serviceable condition.
It is recommended that periodic inspection and testing is carried out at least every 3 years for caravans/motorhomes.
What happens during a periodic inspection?
The periodic inspection will take into account all relevant circumstances including the following factors:
- Adequacy of earthing and bonding
- Suitability of the switchgear e.g. consumer unit
- Serviceability of equipment e.g. switches, socket-outlets and lights
- Type of wiring system and its condition
- Presence of adequate identification and notices
- Extent of any wear and tear, damage or other deterioration
The main purpose of a PIR is to report on the safety condition of an existing installation.
Full interior valet
Exterior wash and polish
Six months warranty
Details of the Travelworld Motorhomes warranties are available here
More about our standards
At Travelworld we believe that the quality of our sold vehicle service & preparation should be as good as the products we represent and that working to ‘bare minimum’ standards would not be expected by our customers and is certainly not acceptable to ourselves.
We take pride in the preparation and presentation of our Motorhomes and always go over and above the call of duty to ensure we meet each and everyone one of our customers’ expectations.
Please feel free to contact us by emailing [email protected] if you have any specific questions about our standards that haven’t been answered in the information above.