Surrey has got a lion’s share of culture, history, places of beauty, fun attractions, festivals and terrific architecture, reflecting many different eras. It’s an ideal location for a motorhome weekend away, a stop off to London or a week with the kids in the summer.
Things To Do In Surrey
Below we have detailed some of the most popular pursuits in Surrey:
- There are lots of museums for all the family to discover in and around Surrey. Surrey history Centre, Elmbridge Museum and Haselmere Education Museum to name but a few.
- There are three racecourses in and around the city, including, Epsom Downs Racecourse, Kempton Park Racecourse and Sandown Park racecourse, the venues of which are also home to fairs, festivals and other popular events throughout the year.
- The countryside in Surrey attracts a wide range of adventurers who are interested in walking and cycling; Hindhead Commons and the Devil’s Punch Bowl and Box Hill are all ‘go to’ places for the outdoor enthusiast
- Polesden Lacey – Polesden Lacey is an Edwardian house and estate, located on the North Downs at Great Bookham, near Dorking, Surrey, England. It is owned and run by the National Trust and is one of the Trust’s most popular properties.
- If it’s a top notch theatrical performance you are after then there is a wide selection of theatres available including The Ambassador’s Theatre, G Live and the Yvonne Arnaud Theatre.
- For more casual sojourns, sample a pot of tea at one of the many tea rooms or bistros or browse the many high street stores and boutiques in the city centre.
Motorhome Campsites In Surrey
Basingstoke Canal Visitor Centre
Mytchett Place Road, Mytchett, Surrey, GU 16 6DD
This charming site located next to Basingstoke Canal, contains a number of facilities including chemical disposal, showers, toilets, a playground for children, a restaurant, dishwasher area and disabled facilities. Close by, there is a shop, a bar, local transport links and boating. There is also indoor swimming and golfing around 5 miles away.
If you are looking for activities further afield then you can try RHS Wisley which is about 20 miles away; Milestone Museum in Basingstoke is 21 miles away or Birdworld which is 9 miles away.
Chertsey Camping And Caravanning Club Site
Bridge Road, Chertsey, Surrey, KT16 8JX
Available on this riverside site there are facilities which include; electric hook ups, fully serviced pitches, hard standing pitches, showers, laundry facilities, internet access, fishing, toilets, showers, and disabled facilities. There are bars, restaurants and local transport links located around one mile away.
It is positioned just a short ride away from London yet benefits from a rural location. Windsor Castle, Brooklands Museum, Mercedes Benz World, Go Ape! And Hampton Court are all within easy access from this site.
Walton on Thames Camping And Caravanning Club Site
Fieldcommon Lane, Walton on Thames, Surrey, KT12 3QG
This site, which is for club members only, is located just 15 miles away from London so there is no shortage of things to do around. However, the site is known for its peace and tranquillity with an impressive set of outdoor sports available. Located on the premises there are electric hook ups, a children’s play area, internet access and fishing. Around five miles away you can find restaurants and bars and local transport links can be reached within one mile of the site.
Visitors can even find unusual pursuits like llama trekking and Nordic walking close by. Golfing activities, Thorpe Park, Chessington Park and Lego Land are all close by too.