There are many different motorhome campsites in the UK that are child friendly. It is worth looking in detail about what the particular site you are interested in has on offer in terms of facilities and child-friendliness.
Perhaps you have a teenager who wants a games room; a baby or toddler who will require baby changing facilities or may be you have youngsters who want a swimming pool and play ground. We have listed below motorhome campsites that are child friendly and cover the main four corners of the UK.
- Banff Links Caravan Park, Banff Links, Inverboyndie, Banff, Aberdeenshire, AB45 2JJ. This site has a playground, a shop, internet access, a beach and there are sea views available. Visitors to this campsite will also benefit from hard standing pitches, electric hook ups, showers and toilets and dogs are permitted also. If you are looking for family dining then there are restaurants within one mile and transport links are also located within a one mile distance. Fishing, swimming and water sports activities can be found approximately one mile away also.
- Padstow Touring Park, Padstow, Cornwall, PL28 8LE. This site is open all year round and has a children’s play area, a shop and internet access. Dogs are allowed on the site and there are electric hook ups and hard standing pitches. Within a one mile distance, there are restaurants, water sports, boating fishing and cycling. Local transport links are also located within a mile and slightly further afield (around five miles) you can find a beach and a golf course.
- Pitton Cross Caravan Park, Pitton Cross, Rhossili, Swansea, Glamorgan, SA3 1PT. This family run site is open 365 days a year and is located on the Gower Peninsula in South Wales. It is 16 miles from Swansea and has a site shop which is open every day. There is a playground for children and lots of family orientated activities located near by. These include: horse riding, golfing, fishing, boating and water sports.
- The Willows Caravan Park, Bromholme Lane, Brampton, Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire, PE28 4NE. This is a small, privately owned site which is ideal for families and children. The playground is suited for children 7 and under and there is also internet access and a shop close by. Also on site, there is a disabled room with toilet and a shower and wash basin and four disabled pitches reserved for disabled visitors. Nearby attractions at the site include: the Ouse Valley Way, Cromwell Museum, Woodgreen Animal Shelter and The Raptor Foundation.
- Knaresborough Caravan Club Site, New Road, Scotton, Knaresborough, North Yorkshire, HG5 9HH. This site, in Lower Nidderdale is surrounded by mature shrubbery and trees; it has a children’s play area, internet access, a restaurant on-site and laundry facilities. There are water sports, fishing, golfing and tennis activities within 5 miles also. Harrogate is close by and Knaresborough is an historic market town with cobbled streets and castle ruins.